TALES OF OUR NEW LIFE TOGETHER!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A PRINCESS IS BORN!!

It's been a month and a half since our princess Samantha Severina Fuentes was born but am just now getting a free moment to create this post. My water broke on December 3 at 5:00 am. I wasn't too sure at first whether I had had an accident or whether my bag actually broke... Hahaha.... but after jumping in the shower and seeing my "bloody show" I knew it was time to go to the hospital. I was determined on having a natural vaginal delivery but after 30 hours of labor I was only dialated 5 centimeters and so my doctor ordered a
c-section. I was devastated becuase I wanted to avoid a c-section at all costs but I had to do what was right for Samantha's safe arrival. I was scared to death! Being awake while someone is splitting your stomach in half is NOT my idea of fun! I can still remember smelling the scent of burning flesh!! Thankfully, the surgery was a success and Samantha was born on December 4, 2011 at 9:29 am. She weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. and was 19 3/4" in long. Still lying on the table, now in a daze from whatever they gave me to stich me up, I remember the nurse putting Sam next to me so that I could see her and all I could do was cry from joy and give her a kiss on her forehead. She was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen!

I spent the next 4 days in hospital recovering and bonding with my new princess. I was finally released on Thursday December 8th and my mom arrived from Miami the very next day. She was thrilled to see her new granddaughter and I was thrilled to have her with us to share the arrival of my first child. We had a wonderful Christmas and I couldn't have been happier to have all my family together to celebrate Samanthas first Christmas.

Since then Sam is grown ALOT and is such a bright baby. At only 2 weeks old she was already able to hold her head up! And now at 7 weeks old she is extremely alert to her surroundings and I can tell she will be a very bright child. I am having tons of fun with my princess and look forward to a lifetime of memories with my new love!

Muuuuuaaaaa!
Mommy and Daddy love you Samantha!

Samantha's Arrival


Photo Shoot with Mommy at Home!


Christmas Eve 2011

 New Years Eve 2011

  Just 6 weeks old and already Smiling!

 7 weeks old


No comments: